Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Homba anao hatrany anie ny Ray

Howdy!

Great week. Went to Ambositra. Last Zone Conference. Branch party. Last goodbyes. Bus up to Tana with Covey. Now Im here. 

It's come down to my last blogpost. Last letter home from this crazy island that I love so much. I get on a plane tomorrow and get home Thursday. I cant believe it's here. It has flown by and I wish it wouldn't have. But life moves on and everything I have seen, heard, done, didn't do, etc, will help me be a better brother, son, student, and father. Most importantly, it will help me be a better man of God. Not a single day in the future will go by without Madagascar crossing my mind. This place has given me so much and I hope in turn, I gave some back. 

I hope I gave back the love that these people showed me. I hope I gave back some of the blessings that these people gave me here. I hope I carried myself like a man of God for these past two years. I hope people saw the light of Christ in my eyes. I hope people felt the truthfulness of the message. I hope people came closer to our Lord and Savior. 

That was my purpose. To bring souls to Christ. I prayed to God everyday to help me fulfill my purpose. I have seen His hand in the work every single day. Not one day passed on my mission, where I didnt feel the love of God. He was there everyday. He and His Son live. And they love. I know that. 

I feel accomplished. I have really tried my hardest. I worked as hard as I could. And when I didn't, I repented, and tried harder the next day. That's what the gospel of Jesus Christ is. It's repentance. It's progression. It's change. 

That's what this whole mission showed me. Yes, a missionary's job is to serve other people everyday. But I have  come to find out that the mission is the most personal thing I have ever done in my life. Once you put away yourself and look to others, you find yourself. You dont find yourself in the middle of your service. You find yourself afterwards. You see how much you have changed. How much you have grown. And that's what I've seen in me. 

I don't think I'm a completely different person. Honestly, I'm the same old same old Jessey Hein from Plano, Texas. But where I have changed is how I see everything. The way I view things is different. I just want to follow Christ more. I just wanna be a good family member. I just wanna be a good person. 

I know this is the work of God. I would have been home a long time ago if it wasn't. I've seen it change too many people's lives to not be true. More importantly, Ive seen it change mine. I love my Heavenly Father. He has a plan. We are all at the forefront of it. Everything He does, is for us. Remember that. He loves you. And He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to show us the way. He sent His Son to die for us and rise victoriously from the grave, so that we could do the same. Don't waste that. The price has already been paid. Why dont we just be diligent and take in the gift? Life is very difficult. I have seen that every day here. But, The gospel of Jesus Christ is simple. And if we follow it, the rewards we will receive are beyond comprehension. I know that to be true and this is my final testimony from this far away blessed place in the name of Jesus Christ, our Master, amen. 

God bless, 


Elder Hein

1 comment:

  1. Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

    Email: investmoneyoilgas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete