Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Howdy!!



Howdy!! 

Things are popping here!! 18 investigators at church yesterday. A few of them new ones!! We would have gotten over 20 yesterday, but it was raining cats and dogs all morning and its tough for some people to walk an hour in that. Well the new building is, the new building....Still has little minorthings. I hope I get to see it open. 

Well, the government lost Flavien's ID so.....he has to go 16 hours away and do it again. He leaves tonight and will come back with it completed on Wednesday. MIVAVAHA(thats me commanding yall to pray)

BUT, Desire passed the baptismal interview and he will be baptized this Saturday!! I am so excited. It has been a while since I have seen a baptism. Baptism is about a change in life. A change in direction. A change in the way someone looks at life. Ive seen that change in him and he is super anxious for Saturday! 

Thats all the big time news this week. Things are just going on like always. We have put a big focus on member missionary work as of late. Visiting all the members and giving them homework: one referral in two weeks. We are really excited to see the results of this. All the members seem pretty excited. We have pretty lazy members, and sometimes they just need a little waking up to get going!! Haha. DONT LET THE MISSIONARIES COME AND REMIND YOU OF YOUR DUTIES AS A MEMBER. We are all in this work, together. 

On a spiritual note, we talked about trials yesterday in Elders Quorum. I loved it. One of the questions asked by the teacher was, "How should we act as we go through trials?" I immediately thought of Job and Paul. One of my favorite scriptures is Job 23:10. 

10 But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. 

I also love Paul's glorying in tribulation, 
 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for mystrength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may restupon me.
 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
Trials are a part of life. The second we realize that and understand that we NEED trials, we will learn to glory in trials like Paul did. It is a time for us to show God our love and faith. It is a part of the process of becoming a Celestial being. We cant get to that point, if we dont go through the trials. When a trial comes, be happy. Pray for strength. Overcome it. Thank God. And come through as gold. 
God bless, 
Elder Hein

No comments:

Post a Comment