Friday, October 25, 2013

Last Week in the MTC



Last week here at the MTC!! Getting my last few breaths of American air and last few sightings of snow for a couple years. The weather was really nice this week and I heard the snow will be coming down right after we leave, I was happy about that. 

Finally getting down to the nitty gritty of the MTC experience. Getting our flight plans last Friday was a BIG DEAL!! It also made this last week a little slower haha. We've got a nice bit of travelling ahead of us. We leave Salt Lake City on Monday and fly to Chicago O'Hare. From Chicago, fly across the pond overnight to London Heathrow. From London, a very very very very very long flight to Johannesburg and then finally over to the ISLAND. We will get there late afternoon Wednesday....Yeah pray for us haha

Our Malagasy teachers this week have been talking about Madagascar culture a lot. They hold off till the last week so we arent always asking about Madagascar and such. Seeing their pictures and videos makes me that much more excited. Trust me, yall will probably get loads of pics next week haha. 

Its incredible how fast time has gone here at the MTC. They told us when we got here, "The days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days" Couldnt be anymore true. It has just flown by and I'm really glad it has. 

This week I realized on a few occasions that this whole life is based on one thing: LOVE. As it says in the scriptures, God's purpose for us is "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." The whole reason he created this Earth was for US! What an incredible concept. All the challenges that are thrown at us, are for us to improve and grow. We are given certain challenges in this life because he knows we can handle them. He knows we are strong enough to overcome. He knows our limits and will never push us past them. Proverbs 3 tells us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts. And to not rely on our own understanding. He has a plan for us. I know he does. 

Have a good week yall,

Elder Hein


Found my boy REID!!! BYU Soccer repping at the MTC. Send this to the coaching staff. My neck looks massive. I haven't gained weight though. (haha)


Got some suspenders. I heard GQ wants a cover boy for a potential Mormon missionary issue. Send them this pic hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment