Monday, February 3, 2014

The Week!

Great week here in Ambositra!! Pretty quiet, but awesome all the same. 

Elder Dickson is a stud. Great guy. He's so close to going home and I'm barely starting. Really funny, but it works out great. We have really gotten along and Im looking forward to these next four weeks together. 

Ambositra is super beautiful right now. The weather is rain, rain, rain. So everything is super green. The rice fields are just about ready to be harvested. Im ready to thrust in my sickle with my might!! I really hope I can help harvest some rice in the next couple of weeks. 

We worked super super hard this week. We must've walked at least 10 kilometers a day. You reap what you sow. Thats the way I look at it. We are starting to see some pretty good success. Found some really cool people that are accepting the message. We also come across people that dont accept us. Its very hard for me. Especially, when all I want to do is help them and show them the happiness of the Gospel that I have seen in my life. But, I never get too down. I love the work and one door closed on us, is one closer to an awesome family. 

My Malagasy has improved so much!! Thank yall for all the prayers on my behalf!! I really feel them. It has been an incredible blessing with how fast I have picked up the basics of this language. There is no program in the world (Rosetta Stone) that compares to the gift of tongues from God. It is crazy that I just got over the 4 month mark and how much I know. What a blessing. Still very very very very far away from where I want to be, but I am improving. 

Sorry not too much this week. I love you all and hope all is well wherever you are reading this. Just know that I couldnt be happier out here and I love The Lord's work. It truly is His. 

God bless, 


Elder Hein
Rice Fields getting ready for harvest.

Ward Activity - Cleaning the church house.

Chopping wood - look at my form!

Elder Dickson being Elder Dickson.

Elder Dickson caught me eating my rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment