Monday, June 16, 2014

Poo River!

Went downtown Tana today and got a nice pictue of Poo River for all of yall!! Why do they call it Poo River? Take a look at the photo. And today it was raining so the river was actually pretty clean. 

Anyways, great week. Every week is really. Wouldnt trade my mission for anything. Had a great moment this week when I knew I loved my mission. We were sitting and eating at some less active member's house and the topic of pre-mission life came up. What Ive done, schooling wise, soccer wise, and what my future holds after the mission. The wife then began to rip into me asking me why I was wasting two years of my life and opportunities I have now. It was in that moment, as I responded to her, that I realized all the blessings I have recieved in my life due to my preparation to serve The Lord. I always had it in my mind I would serve, and the blessings that have come from that are evident. 

The week flew by. Lots of hard work. Tanjombato (my area) was just recently reopened a couple months ago. So we are in the process of finding new people to teach. Which means, tons of walking, knocking on doors, and looking for service opportunities. I love just talking to people. Seeing their perspective on God and His plan for us. It really strengthens my testimony when we teach about the things God has in store for us. 

As we were walking to a lesson, a man yelled out at us and told us he wanted to learn. Well we didnt have time to teach him then, but we set up a time we could go visit him. The man's name is Jean and he is awesome. He learned from missionaries a long time ago for fifteen minutes. Remembered eveything they taught about the Restoration. He spat that all out to us at the beginning of the lesson and then proceeded to ask to get baptized. My companion and I kinda just sat there and looked at him in shock. "Is this a joke?" The guy is a legend and we will continue to teach him. (Obviously.)
I will update yall on his progress in the next few blog posts. Tena mahafinaritra izy. (He is really awesome)

Hope all is well. And I hope everyone is watching as much of the World Cup as possible with me in mind. 

Please pray for missionaries around the world, the work here in Mada, and the US in this World Cup. 

God bless, 

Elder Hein 

Poo River. It is clean today. 

Jumbo Score!! Almost like a neighborhood Walmart. A little piece of America. Beautiful. 

Bought this tie today for 30 cents. How can any American turn down this tie?

Leather Scripture binding for my Bible...Pretty sweet!! Other scriptures are in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment