Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I'M BACK!!

Wow that nine weeks flew. 

Well the craziness started on Monday night as I made my way to London. As i passed through security in London, I caught up with some missionaries! There was a group of 6 of them headed to Zimbabwe. They started their missions when I did, but have been waiting on visas this whole time...Thankful that Madagascar Visas are pretty easy to get! Then I found the two new missionaries going to Madagascar. Elder Eden and Sister Kasseh! They are both awesome. It was great to talk to them about what they thought Madagascar would be like hahaha. We made the rest of the trip together and made it Wednesday afternoon. 

Side note: From Johannesburg to Mada, I was business class...Dont know why but Ill take it haha. 

Man it was great to smell Madagascar again. It isnt as pretty as when I came(it is dry season), but still awesome. Great to see President and Sister Adams and the Assistants. Had a nice ride through Tana to the office. Made sure to keep my eye on the new missionary. He told me he wouldnt be culture shocked....he didnt say a word all car ride. He was definitely a little phased haha. 

Made it out to my area Tanjombato late Wednesday night and got settled in. It is a nice little apartment and we live underneath a General in the Madagascar army. So we have guards protecting our house 24 7. I dont know what they are protecting him from, but their AK47s are always around their necks. They arent loaded but whatever haha. 

My companion is Elder Ralaivao. He is from Fianarantsoa which is 3 hours south of my first area Ambositra. He is awesome!! Really great guy. Not good at English but he is working on that. Needless to say, I have had so much Malagasy these past few days it has been crazy. Im even thinking in Malagasy whichis great. A little hard to convey everything to him, but we make it work. The area is fun and it will be good working here. We are in South Tana. There are a few supermarkets here so it makes life a little easier. Also, there are nice houses!! But then right next to it is just a shack. Thats Mada for ya. 

Update on the hand: Not too  much has changed in my thumb but my wrist is getting better!! I can continue to stretch it back more and more everyday. I can actually do dips now!! So in a few weeks my triceps will be massive haha. 

Well, that is all for this week!

God bless

Elder Hein
The Church

Tanjombato

Primary Activity at the Church

Antanarivo

My comp is on the right. The guy in the middle is a member preparing for a mission!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment