Monday, August 25, 2014

Split, Elder Anderson still struggling a bit, Seventy and Lemurs

Howdy!! 

Another week in the books. I cant believe I am in Madagascar....How cool is that?? Haha

Well Elder Anderson is still pushing through. He is still best friends with the toilet, but then again so are all missionaries in Mada. Just as he got over his stomach problems, here comes a fever and stuffy nose!!!! Oh the joy of being a new missionary. Today he is doing pretty well though and we should have a good week ahead of us. 

So let me clarify something about last weeks blog....I read a whole lot of the Old Testament but didnt finish it haha. I went through it witha study guiide but I was kinda joking when I said I read it all hahaha. April Fools in August I guess? 

Well it was a busy week here in the mission due to the fact that we had 8 missionaries go home and 14 come in!! I now have a brother as Elder Gaul is training again!! Also, Elder Ralaivao my last comp is training and pretty much everyone else in the mission!! The group that came in seems awesome. Literally all of them seem like straight legends and that is exactly what the mission needed right now. Also, we had a Seventy visit us and give a Zone Conference this Saturday so everyone came up to Tana. Anderson and I, had Elder Stokes working with us all week. He came to the mission 6 weeks before me and is an awesome guy. Hes serving in Toliara amongst the Baobab Trees (lucky duck). It was a great time, but he headed out to Toliara again late Saturday night. 

The Zone Conference was great. Elder Hamilton of the Seventy came and did a mission tour. He is the First Counselor in the Africa Southeast Area Presidency. Very very very spiritual man and he had a great presence about him. Answered a lot of our questions about how to be better missionaries? how to help this country? etc.... And the teaching was great. Loved it. 

He said one thing that really stuck out to me about the poverty here. He quoted an Apostle and said if the Latter Day Saints here pay their tithing, it will lift, not only the members, but the whole country out of poverty. DANG. He then discussed the success of both Brazil and Mexico and how when the church grows in an area, so does the country. 

This is God's church. I see it everyday. I cant deny it. My job is to just help people understand that and Elder Anderson and I need all the help we can get!! 

I love yall and have a great week!! 

God bless, 

Elder Hein


PS We went to the zoo and saw lemurs today. We quietly payed the guards a little money  and got to go in to the cage and have the lemurs crawl all over us!   

Lemurs

Lemurs

Elder Anderson when he was feeling well.  He is on a telephone pole.

Croc farm we visited when Elder Anderson was feeling well.


Look at all the crocs on the other side of the water.  

Turtles!

Area where I work everyday

Soccer against the members.  That's me in yellow.  As missionaries we play the members about every other week.

Soccer with the members!

No comments:

Post a Comment