Friday, July 11, 2014

Big Time News and some sad news! July 7, 2014

Howdy! Hope everyone had a blessed 4th of July. I sang The Star Spangled Banner about 15 times. Living here in Mada has just given me a deeper appreciation of groing up in the US of A. 

Well this was Elder Ralaivao and I's 6th week together which means the end of the transfer was looming all week. Transfer News comes in on Sunday nights and sometimes it is hard to focus all week because you never know what can happen. Well the news came late Sunday night and....

We had a great week here in Tanjombato. (Oh, btw in Malagasy, the letter J is pronounced like a Z. So it is pronounced TanZombato) We worked really hard this week but had a tough start mentally on Tuesday. We attended a Memorial Service for our own Elder Palmer. He passed away last week due to a brain hemorrage. Luckily his parents flew into Johannesburg where he was to see him before he passed onto the next life. He was my replacement in Ambositra and it hit me, and all the missionaries hard. He was one of the best missionaries we had, and The Lord knew that as well. He needed him now to help with his cause in the life to come. I have no doubt about that. What a great blessing it is to know the God has a plan for all of us and that we can return to live with him after this life. We get to shed this mortal body, and one day our spirits, return to perfected, glorified bodies for eternity. God has so much love for all of us. I testify of that.

On Wednesday, I had the opportunity to go on a split with Elder Andrianmanganoro in Itaosy. Always fun to see a new area and work with another missionary. 

Well, the transfer news came and Elder Ralaivao is headed down South to Antsirabe and Im staying here. My new comp is.....I dont know yet, because I am training!!! I am so pumped, I really wanted this. It will be awesome to help a nice green missionary with his Malagasy skills. He gets in Wednesday straight from America and I cant wait to meet him. 

Well thats the week!! 

God bless, 

Elder Hein
Elder Palmer's Memorial

The things you find on a Madagascar clothes line. - the confederate flag???

My District!

A little girl that was afraid of me - haha

No comments:

Post a Comment