Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Elder Hein is Training!!

Howdy, 

Well, another awesome week here. I think I say that every week. Sorry about that. 

Elder Ralaivao left on Wednesday morning to go down to Antsirabe. He was super excited but it was sad to see him go. I have been sad eveytime my companion leaves. Ive truly been blessed with great companions. 

My new companion and the 6 other missionaries got into country on Wednesday and we met them all on Wednesday night. They looked like deer in the headlights. All really quiet, tired, confused looking, asking themselves "What am I doing on the other side of the world in Madagascar?" Really really funny to see and it brought back memories to my first night a few months ago. 

Thursday morning we ate with President and his wife and kind of scouted out the trainees. Hahaha i felt like it was the NFL Draft missionary style. All of them looked awesome and I really didnt care who I got. Thursday afternoon, the fun begins. We have a meeting where the trainees open a letter from President that tells them where they are going and who they will be working with. First missionary, Elder Anderson, stands up, reads the letter that says he will be working in TANJOMBATO WITH ELDER HEIN!! I was so pumped!! I actually talked with Elder Anderson on the phone when I was home. He is from Boise, Idaho and is in my Aunt's ward there!!! Really cool stuff. 

The rest of the week doesnt hold a candle in excitement to that so there wasnt much else. It is a really cool experience training. It shows how far youve truly come in the language and as a servant of The Lord. I was really nervous, but Elder Anderson is awesome and we are going to have a great time together these next 11 weeks. Im so excited. 

Because of so many things happening this week, we didnt get to go out and teach too much which wasnt too fun. I just love getting out and meeting people. And teaching them about Jesus Christ. How cool of a calling I have!! Everyone should be jealous. 

Spiritually, I was hit by a talk this week by Elder Jeffrey R Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. He gave it a couple of years ago in General Conference. He retells the story of a desperate father with a possessed son who rushes up to Jesus and asks Jesus to heal him. He is desperate. The family has probably suffered many things because of their sons problem. Christ sees this in the father's eyes and asks if he believes that he can heal the boy. The response is awesome, "Lord, I believe. Help thou my unbelief." The father acknowledges his lack of faith but only AFTER he recognizes his faith. Although his faith was small, it still was there and it, in the end, healed the boy. We all have a lack of faith in some degree or another. But we need to protect the faith we do have and nourish it. We cant back down; We have to trust in our faith., and if we do, I KNOW we can move mountains. 

Have a great week and God bless. 

Elder Hein
Saying goodbye to Elder Ralaivao

Elder Anderson

The biggest companionship with one of the smallest hahaha

First meal of rice and loaka!!!

We were teaching a lesson and I heard something behind me....yeah it was a massive turtle

THE DALLAS CYBER BABY



No comments:

Post a Comment