Monday, April 27, 2015

Return to Ambositra (a visit to my first area)



Howdy.

Well, the fastest 6 weeks on my mission just finished. That's not a good thing. It has been a weird experience this transfer. Just working with a missionary that was on his last transfer was a weird thing. But, Elder Fisher is done. He's gone. On his way back to the US of A. We dropped him off last night with Elder Payne at the bus stop and they both headed up to Tana. Wednesday they will be on their way home and both get back to Utah on Thursday morning. Grateful for the chance I had to work with him. I learned a lot. He served a great mission and deserves some rest!

Fianarantsoa
A big time week to say the least. 

Last night was indeed transfer news. My next and last companion will be ELDER LAMBERT. I dont know him super well, but he's not a new face to me. I really like him a lot!! He's from St George, Utah (man I'm on a role of Utah comps)  and we actually share the same first name haha.  Way excited to get him down here and start my last transfer. 

We finally got to view all the sessions of General Conference this past weekend!! It was incredible.  Link is here -    General Conference Talks I thought al the talks were spot on. Lots of the same motifs going around through all the speakers.   Lots of marriage....I aint ready for that hahaha. Favorite three talks were obviously Elder Holland Link, President Uchtdorf (Sunday morn) Link. They were delivered perfectly. The Spirit of The Lord was so strong and it just fit so well with the Easter theme. My next favorite talk went to Kevin S Pearson of the Seventy. PHENOMENAL TALK on Lehi's dream of the tree of life Link. He outlined 6 very good tips to help us progress in this life. Also, shout out to Elder Renlund and Elder Hamilton, both of the Seventy, who had responsibilities in the Conference. Ive met them both as they have visited our mission. Shout out to Africa!!

I am so thankful for latter day Prophets and Apostles. I know they are men of God. They have the same keys that the Apostles of old did. No difference. 

Also, the big highlight of the week was....WE GOT TO DO SPLITS IN AMBOSITRA. Way good to see the old area. Hasn't changed too much. Same old same old. Great to see some of my favorite people. We got two ballin elders down there and the work is progressing. I had a way cool experience down there. So I got a little note from my Dad a couple weeks ago, that I totally saw fulfilled in Ambositra:

"Help people change Jess, even if it is  just a little bit.  That little bit they change will ripple through their lives.  You have been set apart to do so.  Don't let any opportunity pass you by."

Well, let me explain. I taught this guy named Joshua twice in Ambositra my last week there. Didnt really think anything of him. Completely forgot about him. Well, turns out he went off to the countryside and came back after a year. He couldnt remember any of the lessons, but he remembered the Spirit he felt in the two twenty minute lessons. He found the Elders in Ambositra and approached them asking about me. He wanted to know if he could see me and talk to me. Well, we were already planning to go to Ambositra so we set up a lesson with him. The lesson went beautifully. I was just a little confused how he remembered me. At the time, I wasnt great at the language, wasnt great at teaching, etc. But yet, I didnt realize the effect the Spirit has on a person. No matter if it's for 6 months or 5 minutes. 

I was very humbled by this experience. Very much in awe at the power and authority that can come from this call to serve as a missionary. Very much in awe at the way The Lord can work. Even when we might think it is just a little thing. A smile, a pat on the back, a small testimony of the gospel, whatever. We can help change people. The thought is too much for me to take. It is crazy how throughout my mission I have slowly began to figure these things out. Part of the learning process. Part of the growth and part of the conversion to The Lord. I love this work. 

God bless. 

Elder Hein

Fianarantsoa

Fianarantsoa


Food in Ambositra - my very first area in late 2013

Ambositra

Ambositra

Ambositra


Ambositra


Our General Conference set up

Saying goodbye to Elder Fisher

Saying goodbye to Elder Fisher

1 comment:

  1. Invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days.
    Why wasting your precious time online looking for a loan? When there is an opportunity for you to invest with 200$ and get a returns of 5,000$ within seven business working days. Contact us now for more information if interested on how you can earn big with just little amount. This is all about investing into Crude Oil and Gas Business.

    Email: investmoneyoilgas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete